Your firewall will need to allow AutoRec to talk with OCRex. Steps to change your firewall settings depend on whether or not you can contact an IT professional.
1. Contacting your local IT Support
Ask your IT provider to make sure that AutoRec is allowed through the firewall.
It may be useful to also provide this information to your IT provider:
2. Manually fixing your Windows Firewall
- Click Start > Control Panel and double-click Windows Firewall
- Ensure that Don’t allow exceptions is unticked
- Select the Exceptions tab
- If AutoRec is displayed in the Programs and Services list, highlight it and click Delete
- When a message is displayed asking you to confirm the deletion, click Yes
- Click OK
- Open AutoRec. When Windows Firewall asks you if you want to block AutoRec, click Unblock
Windows Vista, 7, 8
- Click on the Start button
- Type Firewall
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on Allow an app (program) or feature through Windows Firewall
- Click on Change Settings
- For all AutoRec items, make sure all the boxes are ticked
3. Anti-Virus/ Anti-Malware
Temporarily turn off your anti-virus or anti-malware and then test AutoRec. If AutoRec works, you need to add an exclusion rule to your anti-virus or anti-malware.